This indigo dyeing class is a hands-on private workshop. You will learn the history of indigo dyeing, the fundamentals of creating a dye vat, and the basics of both stitched and folded/clamped Shibori techniques. We will play around with Fabric manipulation so you can create beautiful patterns on fabric with indigo dye. By the end of the workshop, you will have an understanding of dyeing fabrics with natural indigo as well as creating a scarf and practice swatches to take home with you. I will travel for this workshop and it can be hosted in your backyard, at an event. Perfect for a ladies night, birthday, baby shower, and overall a great way to learn about natural dyes. If a location is needed I can arrange a studio space at Arts Mission Oak Cliff.
- 3 hour workshop
- All supplies are included in the workshop cost.
- Practice swatches: scarf or bandana, dye materials and gloves. Each workshop can easily be customized based on your private or group needs. (prices may vary)
- Limit 10 Attendees
- Learn the fundamentals of the Shibori dye process
- Concentration on folded, tied and clamped resist
- Dye natural fiber goods in a plant derived indigo vat
- Instruction will be given on creating a variety of patterns.
- Feel free to bring your own item to dye, but please avoid bulky pieces (beach towels, linens, bedding etc.), as vat space and time are limited. 100% Cellulose fibers are best (cotton, linen, rayon, silk, etc) they accept the color the best.