This eco-printing class is a hands-on workshop where participants will learn and explore different flowers, leaves and insects to print unique patterns on fabric. We’ll explore natural dyes like cochineal, Osage orange, coreopsis, eucalyptus, and many other plants. I will travel for this workshop and it can be hosted in your backyard, at an event. Perfect for a ladies night, birthday, baby shower, and overall a great way to learn about natural dyes.
- 2.5 hour workshop
- In the first hour, we will learn about natural dyes, how to shift the color, and layout our flowers and leaves onto the fabric to make a unique design.
- In the second hour the fabric will be wrapped and placed into a steam bath and will remain there for about 20-30 minutes. We can schedule this around a drink, snack time, birthday cake etc . .
- After the fabric has steamed we will unwrap each bundle to reveal our beautiful textiles.
- All supplies are included in the workshop cost.
- 2 Large fabric swatches/Bandana, dye materials and gloves. Each class can easily customized based on your private or small group needs. For example we could do silk scarves, baby blankets, t-shirts, etc. (prices may vary)
Cost Breakdown for Private and Small Groups:
1 person = $300
2-3 people = $150/person
4-6 people = $65/ person
8+ people = $55/ person
*Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss dates, payment, and how we can customize your workshop.*
** Traveling more than 25 miles outside of zip code 75208 may require an additional travel fee.**