Indigo Dye Workshop
Where: Potters Creek, Canyon Lake, Texas
When: March 23, 2023
When: 4:30pm - 7:30pm
This indigo dyeing class is a hands-on workshop. You will learn the history of indigo dyeing, the fundamentals of creating a dye vat, and the basics of both stitched and folded/clamped Shibori techniques. We will play around with Fabric manipulation so you can create beautiful patterns on fabric with indigo dye. By the end of the workshop, you will have an understanding of dyeing fabrics with natural indigo as well as creating flour sack towels and practice swatches to take home with you. Grab your best friends and join us for this fun class while taking in the views of the Texas hill country.
Once you have registered for the class I will send the exact address.
- 3 hour workshop
- All supplies are included in the workshop cost.
- Practice swatches: scarf or bandana, dye materials and gloves. I can easily customize this workshop based on you private or group needs. (prices may vary)
- Learn the fundamentals of the Shibori dye process
- Concentration on folded, tied and clamped resist
- Limit 12 Attendees
- Feel free to bring your own item to dye, but please avoid bulky pieces (beach towels, linens, bedding etc.), as vat space and time are limited. 100% Cellulose fibers are best (cotton, linen, rayon, silk, etc) they accept the color the best.